Hello, my friend

This blog is for my best friend, my sister, my daughter, myself, my colleague.  I spend at least a few minutes a day texting out advice for a friend or re-researching something for myself.  This was made to put it all in one place.  If you don't know me or my blog, welcome and thank you for reading!

About me.

I am science-based. I am a Nurse Anesthesiologist.  I am an independent anesthesia provider in a hospital where I place epidurals for laboring moms and attend to cesarean sections. I also do anesthesia for a few plastic surgery centers in my area. I love labor and delivery.  I love my job. I have a bachelor's degree in English, two Master's degrees in Science, and a Doctorate in Nurse Anesthesiology. I can read a research study. 

I have common sense.  When you google anything related to being pregnant or having a baby, the answers are very cautious. Never get in a hot tub, never sleep with your baby, never have a home birth.  Everyone is afraid of getting sued or being blamed for random accidents so they just tell you to avoid everything.  Therefore, it is really hard to get common sense advice on anything. I have spent hours, days, years (depending on the topic) finding the best advice on each of these posts.  

About my blog.

These posts come from experience.  I have made a million mistakes. Maybe I will get it right by baby number six.  Learn from my mistakes and make your own unique ones.  

This is a searchable guide. Each time I have a child, I feel like it is my first time.  I forget so much between each baby.  I started this blog in part to catalog each thing I have learned so that I can look up my problems as they arise without having to go down the google rabbit hole again. 

Let these posts start your research.  There are resources with links in each post that will allow you to do a deep dive on any of these topics.  I am a researcher so I want to facilitate your own research if possible. 

There are a million mommy blogs out there. I feel like I have read all of them at one time or another while trying to get advice from the internet.  There is usually a theme with the blog: religion, multi-level- marketing, beautiful people being beautiful and still somehow raising a family. The most common things coursing through mommy blogs are the endless well-shot pictures of the perfect life.  It can leave you feeling like you are doing it wrong.  Why doesn't my house look like a Pinterest article?  This is just 100% what I have experienced in my very real life. I don't hold anything back. No one is doing it wrong, we are just doing our best.  

I considered posting a staged photo of my family in clothes we never wear. I almost fell into the trap. 
Here is me after not showering for two days with my oldest baby humoring me briefly, this is more accurately my life. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Postpartum Bath Ritual

The Hospital Bag

My Third Baby- The Birth of Elia Quinn: HBA2C